Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Adam - September 20, 2010








Hi everyone,
Elder Adam Paulsen reporting this week from Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Life here is good. I had a good day this week with a friend from the past. Elder Kirk Logan! Let me explain

So everytime you have a baptism you have to interview the person, but it has to be done by one of the mission leaders. This week we had a baptism of a girl named Silvia. She is 9 years old and her and her mom are planning on becoming baptized. Anyways, the Zone Leaders wanted to do some divisions, and we needed someone to come do an interview, so one of the Zone Leaders came to Puntarenas with me. And it just so happened to be Kirk Logan. How random? I think they´ve been planning it because it took a little bit of work to make things work out like they did. So Elder Logan and I were together for a whole 24 hours. It was so fun! Here are some reasons why I liked it so much:
#1- We have been friends ever since I can remember
#2- English
#3- We talked about the good old days of Sandy Utah
#4- He´s an AMAZING missionary and taught me lots of things that Elder Portillo failed to mention
#5- His spanish is a little bit Gringo-ish so I was able to understand him a lot easier
#6- He´s funny.
#7- We ate out
#8- We worked really hard and met a bunch of new people
#9- It felt a little bit like home, but not a homesick ¨like home¨, a good ¨like home¨.

There are probably a bunch more reasons, but I can´t think of them all. It was great, and he told me some of the things I need to teach Portillo. Well, we had a baptism this week like I mentioned. I actually baptized her. We were planning on baptising her and her mom, but her mom had an issue and decided to do it next week. It was really cool baptising. It made me think about my baptism and how important baptism is. That we have taken upon ourselves the Name of Jesus Christ, and have His Spirit (The Holy Ghost) with us always. Baptisms are so uplifting and make me excited to go work and find some people.

Well, all the things from home sound exciting! Dad, Nat, and Brady with your new callings. I love hearing about it all. I can´t wait to hear what Dad is going to be now. Mom, how´s the knee? Nat/Brady, How´s work and school? Lana, how´s work and the puppies? Hey, I still haven´t seen a picture of Max... ya, I´d get on that if I were you! Well, nothing new to report really. I´m pretty comfortable here, except for the cold showers. Those get me everytime! Loving life and I love you all!

Elder Adam Paulsen

P.S.
Pictures:

001 - Just a sweet sunset that we saw. I think you can see the ocean.
002 - The family that we baptized and are baptizing this week. The little boy is just a neighbor, he´s not getting baptized.
003 - Elder Kirk and I.
005,004 - Elder Logan and I playing with some fruit while waiting for some other missionaries.
006- The Baptism of Silvia
007- Just a funny picture at a member´s house. That bird is pretty sweet, but it pooped on me. Not cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment