Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adam - September 29, 2010

Dear Family,

How is everything in the good old United States? Things here are a little tough. The weather has been pretty nasty. We´ve had rain everyday for the last 5 or 6 days. Not anything super hard, but just enough to make it a ¨gloomy day¨. It´s actually great weather for missionaries though, not too hot, and not too wet. The biggest problem is that Ticos are afraid of water or something. So we had barely anyone at church and nobody wants to go outside. But this just means more time to teach right?

So success this week... we had our baptism. Sandra finally got baptized this week. Her daughter got baptized the week before, but Sandra couldn´t. I got to baptize her and everything went... okay. Problem #1 was that the branch was having an meeting at the same time so the president of the Branch and the District both were stuck in that meeting. #2 Not many people came to support her for her baptism. Kinda depressing, not even the branch president would come sit in. I guess the meeting about Mutual was more important... :( That made E. Portillo and I a little upset. Problem #3 (a little embarrasing) It took me 3 times to actually baptize her. She just wouldn´t bend her knees. I promise it wasn´t totally my fault.

Big thing of the week (also the reason for the late email) We had changes meeting. Let me explain that real quick. So most missions have changes every 6 weeks. This is where people move to new areas, get new companions... stuff like that. Well, Costa Rica does it a little different. We have a huge meeting in San José where all the people that have changes, are going home, are coming to the mission, or just want to go. It´s like a big huge meeting in a chapel. They had all the missionaries leaving bare their testimonies, then the pres and the pres´s wife talk a little, then they put all the the pictures of the missionaries and their new comps on a projector screen. It´s like a big game and everyone just screes ¨Usshhh¨ (I don´t know its just the thing the mission does) and claps/snaps. it´s pretty fun.

Well, I didn´t get my package. I really thought It´d be at changes meeting, but i guess i´ll just have to wait a little longer. I miss you all a lot... too much actually, but i´m doing good. Working really hard. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment