Wednesday, July 14, 2010

John - July 14, 2010

Hola!
well things are going good around here. I'm not sure exactly what to say. My companion and i are getting along just fine. The Elders in our district are all awesome, i love all these guys. Its still hard work though, I'm always trying to look at a paper to memorize a scripture. Right now we are memorizing Section 4 en espanol. but yeah thats all that. So this week they are putting back the bleachers into the gym and so now we can't play volleyball or basketball and worse i can't play four square! hah its okay though we have the outside stuff, so we can play beach volleyball and the machines upstairs are still available. So its okay. umm so we had Ronald Halverson speak to us last night for our devotional, and that was way sweet. We had our district devotional after that, and i think that was our best one we've had. It was awesome. Ooh even better we had jenny Oaks Becker, or something like that, speak to us on sunday. She is the daughter of Elder Dallin H. Oakes! He was there too! that was sweet. She is an amazing violin...ist? anyway she has a lot of songs out. So she played like 3 or 4 songs for us. It was awesome! i could feel the spirit so strong durring that talk. Love it! well its wierd to think that I'm half way with being here in the MTC. only about 4 or 5 weeks left! wierd! Oh and another thing mom and dad i hope you have gotten my stuff out for my visa and all that. If you haven't then i will probably get re-assigned temporarily to a new place. And another thing i was walking through the halls in the main building, M1, and i say a picture of Liz White with this really old lady! I think I've heard that before, but i got a picture of it. So maybe I'll print it off here and send it home. So that was cool. When i saw that i said it outloud to my comp. and this one guy walking by heard me, and apparently he knows her too! that was funny. he said that the picture just next to it was of the guy she married, Bro. White, and i just thought that was so cool! so i noticed that like a few weeks ago and i always forgot to tell you. Yeah, so I love you all! i hope you are all keeping busy, i know i am! -Love Elder John Paulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment