Wednesday, July 28, 2010

John - July 28, 2010

Hey everybody,
Well things here have been pretty normal. Our district leader got put in as our zone leader and they put me in as the new district leader! Yeah, now i get to hand out everybody's mail at the end of the day. Basically it means more work for me. Its funny in our room we have E. Harvey and i and our previous DL now ZL, E. Christensen and E. Rawlings. So the only person in our room that doesn't have power is E. Harvey, ha its kinda funny. Well i heard adam got put in as a ZL (zone leader) thats pretty cool. When we had our "temple walk" on sunday i got a picture with him, Bailey i mean Elder Shaffer and Elder miller. Those two were our roommates in college. So thats always fun to see them around.
I'm suprised by how many people i know here! just this last wednesday i knew like 3 new elders. and the week before i saw a few more. Its way cool to see them all come in, and some of them i haven't seen in a really long time. Oh i saw Elder Callister just the other day, yesterday actually, and he said he was shipping out the next day(today)! I just can't believe that it feels like he had his first day a few weeks ago. So i got a picture with him before he left. He is going to be an awesome missionary; I mean we all knew that before, but you can really see it here.
Mom thanks for the package of cookies, i just opened them last night and they look good. I haven't cracked them open yet, but i will today for sure. Well last week i sent a letter with my memory card in it, so i hope that gets to you, By the way do you think i should use a padded envolope when i send that? i just put it in a new one. I hope it gets to you.
Dad hah i love reading your letters about girls camp, and how fun it is. Haha. I hope to hear more about it. and i want to hear how the lodge was in Idaho. also I've been doing pull-ups everynight and push-ups everynight, and now i can do like 10 pull-ups with my nuckles to me (or palms out). All the way down too! When i got here i could only do 8 and i think i cheated al lot to do those. So i've made some improvements. I just thought you would like to hear that.
Well things here are just the same. It's so crazy to think that in about 2-3 weeks i will be in El Salvador! That is so cool! i just get excited every time i bring it up. It never gets old. One of our teachers is out of town so his sub is a Sister that served in El Salvador! so that will be way cool to hear from her, about everything. Also one time another sister came into our class that served there and said a few things. I asked her about the temp and she said that one time it was 110 degrees or so outside in midday! So thats new. i didn't think it got that hot.
So something spiritual that happened to me this week. Well today we went the temple! It finally opened, so that was way cool. and wouldn't you know it i couldn't find my temple reccommend! I really have a problem with that. So since i haven't had to use my wallet since i've been here i stowed it away. and i could not find it. I was getting a little worried about it too. so i said a pray along with most of the members of my district im sure. and Elder Orton said did you look in your scripture case. so the last place i looked was in my scripture case in the classroom. It was in the zipper part of it! That was cool. And another one that i think is even cooler. was yesterday. So it was after breakfast and i know i had used my blue card to swipe for food. so when we were in the classroom i had lost it! Yeah i know i am having trouble with losing things this week. I swear this doesn't normally happen. anyway. so i had lost it, and it was getting close to lunch time, when i would need this card to get my food. And food is pretty important to me. hah i love my oranges! Right so i found my chap-stick which was also in the same pocket, and i found it on the ground to my left. so i look around on the ground breifly and i couldn't find it. So now im getting kinda worried about it, so i sat in my desk and said a little prayer to our heavenly father and basically said that i had lost my card and to please help me find it. So i got up kinda waiting thinking about where i could have left it. Then a thought came into my mind (from the spirit no doubt), that i should look on the ground again. So i pulled out my desk, was looking around then i picked up a spanish gramatical book and there was my blue card! Some how it got under the book. I Don't know how. anyway, i mean it seems simple now, but at the time i just didn't think about that. well thats all the time i have. I love you all! -Elder John Paulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment