Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Adam - July 6, 2010

ey Family and Friends,
So this week was pretty interesting. We had a lot of fun things happen, and a lot of ... we'll call them interesting things. This week I got new roommates. Elder Davis and Elder Foreman. They are some pretty cool Elders, but I miss having the room to myself (and Elder Whittaker of course). Elder Davis is from Salem Utah and is really quiet. Elder Foreman is from Utah and California. He moved there two years ago and has just been living there for fun. That's the life! He's completely opposite from Elder Davis, but the seem to get along well. Elder Foreman loves to talk. Even when everyone is about to pass out from exhaustion, he'll have a conversation for everyone to hear.
Spanish has slowed down a lot this week! I was just so used to picking everything up so easily because I've learned it before, but now i'm learning new things and it's a lot harder. I do feel like I'm able to speak a little better, but it's still really sketchy!
So last week I told you about the Vaccuum thing... well I take it all back! I was asked to not tell people or show people how to do it. We got in a little bit of trouble, but they realized that we weren't the people to blame, so they let us off the hook. I was a little worried for my life though.
I love the MTC. It makes time fly by. I can't believe that I've been here for three weeks now. I feel like it's been maybe a week, or two, but definitely not three. However, I still feel like I'm going to be stuck here for eternity! Costa Rica doesn't feel like it's realistic, it's just too far away.
On Sunday, they called new Zone Leaders. They called Elder Holt and Sanchez. A lot of people were trying to guess who the next ZL's would be and they thought that Elder Whitt. and I were for sure the next ones! Ha ha, well, they were wrong! I'm sure that Holt and Sanchez will be great ZL's.
On Saturday, July 3rd, we heard the Stadium of Fire practicing for later that night! We were outsiidde playing a game of softball when we started hearing real, normal, outside-wold, music. I heard Journey, a few older bands, and best of all... Carrie Underwood! It was a nice little break from the music here... what am I talking about... there is no music here.
All week long, my district has been playing the the MTC World Series. This series is a best out of 5 games between my district and the oldest district that left yesterday. It has been so INTENSE!!! Everyone was smack-talking at lunch, egging everyone on, and getting so excited to play. The first game was a win for my district. Then the other district tied it up. The third game was close, but we pulled ahead on that one and made it a 2-1 series. Game 4 was the most intense softball game I've ever played in. Everyone was yelling at eachother, and trying to do whatever they could to score. My team was up for most of the game until the 9-weekers had a good inning and ended up winning. The 5th game was a blow-out and we ended up winning it all!!!! These softball games made this week so much fun!
I've been having a great week here. I've learned so much about the Plan of Salvation and the Restoration. One thing that I learned that I thought was so interesting was about the Spirit World after we die. When we die, we go to the Spirit World which is like a waiting room before we are resurrected and judged. People say that we either go to Spirit Prison or Paradise, but that's not true. It's simply a state of being. Whether we know where we;'re going and we're happy, or we're doubtful of what will happen nextt.
Well i have one minute left. I love you all and I can't wait to get your letters. Tell me about what is going on in the outside world.
Always,
Elder Adam Paulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment