Monday, October 4, 2010

Adam - October 4, 2010

Hey family,
So I have some interesting news for you all. I got changed. I know i said i didn´t have changes, but there was an issue and they moved a few people around. I ended up getting changed this morning to a new area. The city is called Guadalupe, and it´s a pretty big city. I love it so far. There are so many more people, especially families, and actual stores. Today for my first meal, McDonalds. It´s was a nice little piece of heaven again. I love anything from the United States here, you should be grateful for what you all have.
So my new companion is Elder Squires. He´s from Idaho and he´s about 6´6. People are pretty scared of us because we´re white, and both really tall. We tower over everyone. But I´ve only been with him for a few hours. He´s really cool, and a great missionary. He´s super excited about our area and wants to work hard. That´ll be a good change for me.
I don´t know much about my new area, from what i´ve heard it´s a little dangerous. I think we´ll be okay though. I don´t think any little short punk is going to try and get any money out of two guys twice his size. The members here are pretty sweet, we are big enough to even be a WARD! How sweet is that? I´ve only met one of the members, but he´s pretty sweet. He´s a recent convert of like 3 or 4 months and is planning on serving a mini-misison here in Costa Rica in December for a change or two. He´s really cool. My area is a lot cooler than Barranca. It´s really nice, and we have a doucha ... aka warm water for a shower. I´m pretty stoked to try that out. We live in a small house with two rooms. THe bathroom is super small. You kinda have to step over the toilet to get to the shower, but it doesn´t stink so thats a bonus. We have a cook that makes us breakfast and lunch here. That´ll be nice
So USU beat BYU. Thats awesome. I´m glad i´m not a BYU fan right now, that´s kinda embarrasing. USU only won like 2 games last year. I wish i was there for that game. That would´ve been awesome. I guess going independent might not have been the best idea. ha ha.
Conference was great! We got to sit in a room and listen to the conference in English. Half we watched on the computer, and half on a tv. It´s hard to pick one talk that is my favorite because they were all really good.
I got mom´s letter. Checked on the package, but it´s still not here. I guess they only check it a few days every week, so maybe it´ll be coming next week. Thanks for sending another. I´m excited to finally get something from the unted states. They just can´t do anything the same here.

No comments:

Post a Comment