Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Adam - August 10, 2010

Friends and family, Brothers and Sisters,
The end is near. I only have 6 days of MTC until I get thrown out into the jungle! It scares me a ton, to think that I'll be out there without anyone to tell me how to correctly congugate this verb, or when I use incorrect spanish grammar. Okay, I probably will have someone telling me what I did wrong, but they'll be telling me in SPANISH!!! That's the only thing I'm really nervous for. The EspaƱol. Nobody told me that I would have to go into a foreign country while barely being able to speak their language?!?! Well, I´ve prepared myself the best I can, and I just hope that I get a good companion.
Well, the biggest thing that has happened this week is that we got our Travel Plans on Friday. We leave monday morning at 12:00 A.M. We fly Delta to Georgia and land in Atlanta at 5:51 pm. We have an hour lay-over there until our flight to Costa Rica leaves. So we leave that airport at 6:50 and make it to Costa Rica by 8:00 about. I'm so excited to get off a plane in another country. I've never done that before and I'm expecting it to be AMAZING!!! I just hope that I don't get sick. ha ha.
I get to call home for about 30-40 minutes during the layovers, but I'm not sure how long I will have between the flights in Georgia. I report to the Travel Office here at 8:00 in the morning, so I'm not sure how long I'll have in the SLC airport. But I'm guessing that I will have enough time to call you for a while. I think I'll have a little time in Georgia to talk too, so you should tell me what to do. Call you in SLC? Call in GA? The rule is that you should limit your calls so that you don't distract your family or yourself too bad. So just let me know.
I went to the Temple today... Loved it! I did a sealing as a proxy for a child and it reminded me of when our family got sealed together. I'm so grateful that we can be together forever as families and that this gospel allows us to do that. I love this gospel and know with all my heart that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was called by God to restore this church and the Book of Mormon to this earth and that we have prophets today to lead and guide us.
P.S. You should watch the Joseph Smith movie if you have any doubts. It's AMAZING!!! Well, got to start class! Talk to you on monday. Love you all.
Elder Adam Paulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment