Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Adam - August 3, 2010

ear Friends and Family,
Today is Day 44 of my captivity here in the MTC. We only have a week and a half left before I get released. My district get's our release papers this thursday and we're all getting so excited. I was worried that some of the other inmates were going to get a little to excited and they were going to have to send some teachers to calm us down. It's expected that our exact date of release from here will be the 16th of August. It still seems so far away! I imagine what the outside world is like when they let us smell the fresh air during our designated excersize time. I still believe they are trying to brainwash everyone here. I imagine they are doing one (or all) of three things to accomplish this. One, putting brainwash-drugs in the food they force us to eat. I'm almost positive they are using this technique because they keep intercepting the food that our families are trying to send us. If it looks, smells, or feels like outside food, they take it. Second, they put subliminal messages in the movies they force us to watch every Sunday night. They only have 4 or 5 movies that seems to play in a rotating look everyweek. There has to be something more there. And finally, they have special trees. Somehow, they've made trees that smell like skittles all over campus, or so I've heard. I've never in my life heard of trees doing this, but I constantly see others going up to the trees trying to smell them. I want to tell them that they are being brainwashed by smelling the tree, but I know they wouldn't believe me. Whoever is in charge of this "MTC" has it all figured out perfectly. I feel like I'm the only one that knows the truth. I'll keep you posted on my health next week.
Ha ha ha, okay, I can't keep that up any longer. It makes it seem like this place is horrible. I just had to because I told John that I would write a letter like that. Remeber that Cat vs. Dog diary, ha ha ha. Well, I'm doing great everyone. Spanish is great and it's slowly coming along. I talked to an Elder from Guatemala that is trying to learn English and I'm so excited. He told us how Costa Rica is so hot and it rains all the time. It'll be so sweet.
So the biggest thing that's going to happen this week is that we are going to be getting our travel papers on Thursday. That means that we are leaving in less about 2 weeks. I can't wait!
Something cool that happened this week... We got a new district that Elder Whittaker and I had to orrient. It was pretty intense, and one of the Elders had cameras following him around. I guess he is doing a tv series for BYU TV and they are going to be follwoing him around in Guatemala. I think he said it was going to be called something like Mormon.tv or something. You can look it up if you want. I'll try to write a little bit more about it because I might be in it. I had to sign a paper and everything. :) But showing all the "Newobbs" around was pretty intense. It still feels weird to be the oldest district here. Just not used to it.
Everything else is great. I love it here. I love the temple, and I've been looking forward to it all week. Everyone needs to try to go the temple as much as possible.
Love you all,
Elder Adam Paulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment