Wednesday, August 11, 2010

John - August 11, 2010

Day 56 of my captivity,
This week seems different than others, they gave us papers to obviously send us to a much more harsher prison containment cell. Also from what i can tell i've begin to break the system and some how one of my comrades must have ratted me out, so they must be sending me out, beacause i know too much. The food has been odd rations of grub, obviously filled with some drug enduced virus. I have tried to stay away from the substance as much as possible.

Ha alright if you don't know that is from the Dog vs. Cat journal. If you haven't read it, look it up its funny stuff! Well hello everybody. well this week has been an exciting one. I got my flight plans on friday let me tell you where i am going. ha okay so get this we have to be at the travel office (in the MTC) at 3 AM! sweet right? hah. so our flight from SLC will leave at 6 AM then we get into Dallas at 9:35. While there we have aobut a 6 hour lay-over and leave at 3:40 PM and then we will arrive in Sal Salvador at 6:05! Wow cool huh? so i will plan on calling you from Dallas anywhere from 4-5. Most likely the sooner we will get off the plane. They said i can talk for like 5-10 minutes of something jsut to tell you i made it okay, but we'll see if we actually stick to that time limit.

So about the baggage in the airport. They tell us to bring 100 bucks cash in case of any problems so i will be taking out that much in the atm this friday. Mom/Dad make sure i have enough money in my account for this. I know you said you would also put money in for a calling card (which i have not bought yet), so if you could make sure i have plenty of money. I still have to pay for the calling card, and a package of things that i will send home probably today.
So funny thing, i think it was a few days ago. I was talking with an elder and said that i went to ALTA and a passing sister said, Hey do you know Megan Whitehead? I said Yes! and she replied that she was her older sister. Megan Whitehead is someone from high school that i know. So that is crazy how small of a world it is here sometimes.
This past week E. Harvey and i had to leave the MTC for the foot doctor, because he has an ingrown toe-nail. We left yesterday?... wow yeah yesterday. that seems like it was so long ago. but anyway so yeah that was exciting to get out of the MTC and be in the real world for a little while. Then we have to leave again on friday to get a check up for him, but It was wierd to leave, im not going to lie. This place is like my home now. I know basically where everything is, and I'm used to everything here. Plus i have my friends here that i have made so leaving the MTC will be interesting.
So i will be leaving this place soon! My days are seriously numbered now. I can soon count the hours, not that i don't know how many there are now, 115 hours give or take a few minutes. hah but this is going to be soooo cool! In one week i will be in a whole new country trying to understand what they are talking about. ha i think i will pick up the language pretty fast, Hah its like when we went to Iowa this spring, and it seemed like by the end of the trip i was talking like everyone there a little bit. So i think that i will pick things up fast.
Alright well i will let you know where my MTC address as soon as i know, oh wait you know what it is. Can you send that to me in my mail. I'm not really sure what it is. I think E. Harvey knows, I'll ask. Anyway don't send me mail that i will not get. Like i will leave monday. so sunday is too late, saturday is also too late, and friday is probably too late also. So if you want to get mail out to me now then send it soon.
well i will try to send out as much mail as i can today. bye

I love you all, Elder John Paulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment