Monday, October 18, 2010

Adam - October 18, 2010

Hey family,
So i went to the mission office again to talk to John. It was good, but we didn´t really have much to say. We just talked about the mission and the living conditions. Nothing much. Well, after my call with john, i talked to my President about starting my process of coming home. He told me to email my Stake President. I did and found out that the first step in the process starts on President Gálvez´s end.
I know everyone is really upset and sad for me. I know, but i don´t think anyone understands how upset and sad i am here. I´ve talked to so many people and so many people have talked to me. I´ve prayed and fasted and prayed and went to the temple and prayed. I´ve done everything, but i still feel like i want to go home.
President Gálvez said that he´d like if I stayed until the next changes meeting. That means for another 3 weeks. He said it´s just what´s fair for the other missionaries and investigators. The thing is... i know it can be done sooner, that everyone would get along just fine without me, that the same ammount of work would go on with or without me. I feel like it´s going to be a LONG, three weeks of pure torture if i feel the way i am.
Mom, you can´t come to Costa Rica. It´d just be easier for me to come home. And I don´t know what the possibilities are for a mission in the future. If i could come home, see if the way i´m feeling goes away, and go somewhere stateside? I just don´t know if #1- I´d want that and #2- If i can do that. I just don´t have the desire to be on a missionary right now. Part that i don´t feel like a mission is all that it´s cracked up to be.
I just don´t know. Well, I know what i want, but i know it comes a big price. Well, I love you all. I hope that i´ll be seeing you soon. The thought of finally coming home is what i look forward to everyday. Sorry for all the sadness and problems I´m causing. Love you all.

Elder Adam Paulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment